Friday 8th December 2017
Protests against the sudden 'temporary' closure of SCBU and maternity services at South Tyneside Hospital.
Saturday 14th October 2017
March and Rally to Save Children's 24/7 A&E, Maternity, SCBU and Stroke Services.
Friday 15th September 2017
Our second public meeting in response to the 'Path to Excellence' consultation. Convened at Hedworthfield Community Centre and chaired by Stephen Hepburn MP (Jarrow), with guest speaker Professor Allyson Pollock.
Monday 4th September 2017
Questions, comments and evidence presented at the South Tyneside and Sunderland Joint Health Scrutiny Committee meeting.
Friday 21st July 2017
Our first public meeting in response to the 'Path to Excellence' consultation. Convened at Brinkburn Community Centre and chaired by Emma Lewell-Buck MP (South Sheilds).
Monday 3rd July 2017
NHS Post Election Reflections - A public lecture given by Professor Allyson Pollock at the Newcastle Mining Institute, Neville Hall, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Monday 22nd May 2017
Theresa May's Manifesto Pledge That Will Mean the Greatest NHS Property Sell-Off Ever!
Monday 1st May 2017
On Monday May First, the May Day Rally and Celebration took place in South Tyneside. Some 35 local activists attended this annual event, held this year at the Alberta Club in Jarrow.
Saturday 4th February 2017
Regional demonstration to raise awareness of the ideological attack on the NHS, and to build further the growing resistance against it.
Saturday 12th November 2016
Report from the 'Workshop for Health Campaigners' organised by Keep Our NHS Public - includes a presentation by Dr Louise Irvine from the Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign
Friday 11th November 2016
Response to the publication of the Northumberland, Tyne and Wear and North Durham “Sustainability & Transformation Plans”
Saturday 29th October 2016
Save South Tyneside Hospital campaign supports Footprints March for the NHS
Saturday 22nd October 2016
First March to Defend Our Hospital and NHS : The Start We Need to Safeguard the Future of the NHS
Saturday 1st October 2016
The campaign received another boost when we attended the rally and celebration at Monkton Stadium marking the 80th anniversary of the Jarrow March.
- Bethany Elen (NESS) ●
- Caroline Lucas MP (Green Party) ●
- Claire Williams (Unison) ●
- Colin Smith (GMB) ●
- David Donoghue (Unite) ●
- David Francis (Green Party) ●
- Dr. Louise Irvine ●
- Emma Lewell-Buck MP (South Shields) ●
- Gemma Taylor (SSTHC Coord.) ●
- Jeremy Corbyn MP ●
- John McCabe (Labour Party) ●
- John McDonnell MP ●
- John Whalley (KONP North East) ●
- Julie Elliot MP (Sunderland Central) ●
- Karen Reay (Unite) ●
- Linda Hobson (Unison) ●
- Marion Langley (Unison) ●
- Mo Abuzahra (Unison) ●
- Norman Hall (Socialist Party) ●
- Prof. Allyson Pollock ●
- Roger Nettleship (SSTHC Chair) ●
- Ron Brown (NESS) ●
- Sharon Hodgson MP (Washington & S'land West) ●
- Shirley Ford (Green Party) ●
- Stephen Hepburn MP (Jarrow) ●
- Walter Armstrong (Jarrow Conservative Assoc.)
- #ourNHS ●
- 999 Call for the NHS ●
- Health Campaigns Together ●
- It's Not A Done Deal! ●
- Keep Our NHS Public ●
- Making Waves Choir ●
- North East People's Assembly ●
- North East Socialist Singers ●
- Save Rothbury Cottage Hospital ●
- Special Care Baby Unit
- ACO - Accountable Care Organisation ●
- Joint Health Scrutiny Committee ●
- Legal Battle ●
- Naylor Report ●
- Path to Excellence ●
- STP - Sustainability and Transformation Plan