Wednesday 1st August 2018
LAfFalAnG Comedy Fundraiser
As most of you will know the fabulous 'Laffalang Gang' show on June 15th and 16th at the Westovian Theatre was a tremendous success. A very very big thank you to the organisers; Ed, Gareth, Kier and of course Stephen Tompkinson and the whole gang. Thank you also to the many performers who came there for free to raise money for the campaign to save our hospital and NHS. Thank you to all of the people who bought tickets and attended.
The event raised £6,533 for our campaign. This wonderful contribution means that SSTHC has easily reached its current funding target of £15,000. We have used the funding as part of a legal challenge to save the consultant-led 24/7 children's A&E, consultant-led maternity services and stroke services at South Tyneside District Hospital.
At the presentation event on the 1st of August, Roger Nettlechip (Chair SSTHC), Gemma Taylor (Coord SSTHC), about 20 activists from the campaign including Emma Lewell-Buck MP (South Shields) and Marion Langley (Branch Secretary of Unison at the hospital) received a big cheque for the campaign from Gareth Hunter and four of the Laffalang actors. Roger gave a very big thank you on behalf of our campaign to Ed Waugh (the writer and organiser), Gareth Hunter (the director) and all of the cast, crew and guests including actor Stephen Tompkinson for supporting the campaign in its fight to safeguard the future of NHS services in South Tyneside.
Thursday 5th July 2018
NHS 70th Anniversary Dinner
The campaign would like to thank Phil and Gill very much for a wonderful 70th NHS anniversary dinner. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. Also a big thank you to Marion for getting people in the mood to share their life stories in relation to the NHS. Phil expressed his gratitude to all who came and made the evening a success. The celebration dinner itself raised in excess of £600 on the night for our campaign.
At one point during the evening the campaign presented the Laffalang cast and crew with a certificate signifying our heartfelt appreciation for their fund-raising efforts and selfless support for our health services. Joan Lewis handed over the framed certificate. Joan was born before the NHS was created, and was very touched to be able to present the certificate.
Saturday 14th July 2018
134th Durham Miners' Gala
- Public Meetings
- Press Releases / Briefings / Open Letters
- Marches and Demonstrations
- Lectures / Presentations
- Articles from 2018
- Articles from 2017
- Articles from 2016
- National March and Rally for #ourNHS70
- Taking Our Fight to Westminster
- North East March and Rally for the NHS | 2018
- Pending Decision on 'Path to Excellence' Consultation Phase-1
- Protests Against Maternity and SCBU Closure
- South Tyneside March and Rally | 2017
- Mini-March to Save Children's A&E
- Public Meeting at Hedworthfield Community Centre | September-2017
- Joint Health Scrutiny Committee
- Public Meeting at Brinkburn Community Centre | July-2017
- Response to Consultation Phase-1
- NHS Post Election Reflections
- Naylor Report and HSJ Cuts Revelation
- South Tyneside May Day Rally and Celebration | 2017
- National March and Rally for #ourNHS
- North East March and Rally for the NHS | 2017
- KONP Campaign Workshop
- Response to STP
- Call to Publish STP
- SSTHC Supports Footprints March
- First March to Defend Our Hospital and NHS
- Jarrow March 80th Anniversary
- First Public Meeting